Movie Quiz: Pride and Prejudice 2005
I am an unabashed fan of the 2005 Joe Wright movie version of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. This movie was my introduction to Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth Bennet, and all the others, so without a doubt this colors my opinion. I have seen several of the other adaptations, enjoying them to varying degrees and appreciating the different actors and interpretations; however, this movie has remained my favorite. I suspect it always will! Matthew Macfadyen IS Mr. Darcy, and I adore Keira Knightley as Elizabeth. Indeed I could go on and on giving the numerous reasons this movie is perfect to me. Another time, perhaps!
This post is all about having fun. The 15 questions below are based on one’s knowledge of the 2005 movie. Knowledge of the novel or familiarity with the 1995 miniseries will provide some answers, but I am looking for fanatics like me!
1. What does Mr. Darcy say at the Meryton Assembly, overheard by Lizzy, that sets the misunderstandings on their way?
2. Mrs. Bennet is sure Jane will not die from her cold, but what does Lizzy think may cause her to perish?
3. Who says, “There is plenty of time to get to know them after we are married.”?
4. How old was Georgiana Darcy when she was seduced by Mr. Wickham?
5. How is Colonel Fitzwilliam related to Mr. Darcy? Do we know this in the movie? Do we know his first name?
6. “But he’s ridiculous!” Who is ridiculous? And who says this and to whom is it said?
7. “Perhaps he’s changed his mind.” Who says this? About whom? When?
8. What are the traits of an “accomplished woman” according to Miss Bingley? And what does Darcy think necessary to be truly accomplished?
9. Mr. Wickham is the son of what important positioned person to the Pemberley estate? What is Mr. Wickham’s military rank?
10. Who has the talent of flattering with such delicacy, as pointed out by whom?
11. “I shall have a seizure! I am sure I shall!” Who says this and what prompts the reaction?
12. What did Lizzy want in marriage, the reason she thought she would “remain an old maid”?
13. Whose lecturing advice on practicing, addressed to this person, was apparently taken to heart by Mr. Darcy?
14. What does Darcy whisper during the horrendous first proposal, just as he almost kisses Lizzy?
15. What four endearments does Lizzy allow her new husband to call her, and when?