These are based on the original book written by Jane Austen. See how well you can do! Remember, answers will post on March 4.
1. My father is a knighted gentleman of modest means. Unfortunately his wealth is not huge enough to provide me with a large dowry and because I am rather plain in appearance, my chance of attracting a husband of grand means is slim. I must be practical and cannot afford to be romantic like my best friend. Settling for a comfortable home and security is my fate.
2. I am a Lady, and don’t you forget it! Well-bred, highly accomplished, and ranked considerably above many others, I demand respect. My estate is extraordinary and my opinions perfect. Only impertinent fools would dare to cross me.
3. Dancing, parties, entertainment, and officers….yes! Especially the officers! *sigh* Propriety? Manners? Oh pooh! How boring is that? I just want to flirt and have fun! Who cares about the consequences? All I need is a perfect, handsome husband, preferably in a blue jacket.
4. I am the epitome of what high society desires. Beautiful, accomplished, rich, fashionable, graceful, and so many other admirable traits. I would be a perfect wife for a man of position and wealth, and I have just such a man picked out. Now if I can just keep scheming country chits away, all will be well.
5. I was robbed of my just inheritance and position of importance by an arrogant, selfish man who will pay for his harsh treatment of me! In the mean time, my charm, extreme handsomeness, and willingness to do anything, no matter how disreputable, will aid my survival.
6. I am blessed to be in a respected position in a fine manor, employed by a most excellent gentleman. I can never say enough about his kindness, affability, devotion to his sister and tenants. Being a servant to my Master is the greatest post on earth.