Indeed I have been busy with all sorts of creative activities. In between writing my next book I became obsessed with updating the galleries for my novels. Oh fun!
For those who may not be aware, long ago when I first began writing the Darcy Saga I started collecting images off the internet. In general the photos were for research purposes. Visualizing England–where I have never been–and places, clothing, and objects from the Regency was instrumental for accuracy. Eventually it occurred to me to share the images with my readers. Over the years I have switched the hosting site for the albums, but have used Smug Mug for some three years now.
Any-who, as with my website, I am forever seeking ways to improve. My recent endeavors began when I added the images I had accumulated for Darcy and Elizabeth: A Season of Courtship. It had been a while since I seriously paid attention to the galleries, or the advancements from Smug Mug. Creating a new gallery enlightened me to the potentials.
On top of that, since initially gathering images to enhance each novel, the skyrocketing popularity of Pinterest and developments in search engine optimization, finding images is SO much easier! And if I was unable to find an image fitting something in my story, my ever-increasing skills in photo manipulation usually enabled me to make it. Cool! And fun for me.
Thus, one thing led to another, and little by little I revamped each gallery! Here is an overview–
- There are two gallery sections: Novel Galleries and Movie Galleries.
- The two Movie Galleries are Pride and Prejudice 2005 (with 519 images) and Matthew Macfadyen (with 426).
- There is a Novel Gallery for each of my nine published novels with over 1000 images.
- Within the Novel Gallery folder is a separate gallery for the characters inhabiting the Darcy Saga, as well as family trees to help connect the dots.
- There is a page to leave comments, if desired.
All this and so much more can be enjoyed by clicking the link on the left sidebar, or here: www.sharonlathan-imagegallery.com