Last week I posted a “head’s up” announcement for the 2014 Armchair BEA. If you missed it, click the link below to learn what it is all about. Coming Next Week: Armchair BEA
Tomorrow is the official beginning of the week-long event, so today I am reminding everyone and giving a brief agenda rundown of what to expect.
What will I be doing as a sponsor and participant?
- As much as possible during the week, I will pop in at the Armchair BEA blog to join in the numerous discussions and fun events. Heck, I love meeting new people and connecting with authors too!
- As a sponsor, I am offering a giveaway exclusively for commenters on the Armchair BEA blog.
- Darcy and Elizabeth: A Season of Courtship by Sharon Lathan, eBook (5 Copies Available)
- Miss Darcy Falls in Love by Sharon Lathan, Winner’s Choice of eBook or Print (2 Copies Available)
- Blog Topic Schedule
- Monday: Personal Introduction and Definition of Literature
- Tuesday: Author Interactions
- Wednesday: Guest Author Spotlight on Regina Jeffers
- also, Expanding Blogging Horizons & a novella excerpt
- Thursday: Twitter Party (see below)
- also, Spotlight on Giveaways & Researching India
- Friday: Topic of Choice “Book to Movie Adaptations”
- I am also hosting a giveaway!
What can YOU do? Share the event! Post about Armchair BEA and my participation on your Facebook page or blog, if you have one. Spread the word via Twitter, Google+, and so on. Visit the participating bloggers. Join in the discussions here and elsewhere, which are all about books! Come by here each day to see what I have to say on the subject! Enter my giveaway. Basically, HAVE FUN!
Twitter Party with Sharon!
Thursday, May 29 – Twitter Party at 8am EST. The topic is “Beyond the Borders” – a discussion of novels that “transported you to a different world, taught you about a different culture, and/or helped you step into the shoes of someone different from you.” I will add my insights, along with probably hundreds of others, and will be offering one copy of The Passions of Dr. Darcy during the Twitter Party chat. Quite apropos, I thought! I’ll remind everyone next week, but the party will be on the @ArmchairBEA. Twitter page with the hashtag #ArmchairBEA
The challenge is simple: Post a picture each day based on the prompt. Be sure to tag it with the hashtag #ArmchairBEA.
Each day they will select 5 winners that will get to pick from the fabulous selection of prizes.
Don’t forget to take a look at the hashtag and like the photos of other participants. It’s a great way to find other bookish instagrammers.
Separate from the gifts I am giving away as an Armchair BEA sponsor, I am offering prizes for those who interact right here on my website. Lots of opportunities from simple commenting on a blog post to sharing on social media. Go for it!