Last week I posted a “head’s up” blog on Armchair BEA, but if you missed it, no worries! Today is the official beginning of the week long event, and Day #1 has been designated as the Kick-Off Day to summarize what to expect throughout the week. Keeping to that theme, today’s post here on my blog will offer explanations about the event as well as outline my planned agenda for participation. Let’s start with a few explanations….
What in blazes is a BEA? Book Expo America is THE largest event in North America for the publishing industry. Held in New York City, it is a week of packed events for anyone involved with books in any way, including readers. Most of the action occurs on-site in NYC. However, there are many ways to be involved in the event, connect with authors, learn about new books on the horizon, and see what is going on. Click the link to Book Expo America for information.
What is Armchair BEA? One of the biggest and best ways to be a part of the BEA fun, and all from the comfort of your home! The Armchair BEA website states it like this:
Armchair BEA is the experience for book bloggers to participate in Book Expo America (BEA) from the comfort of their homes. This experience is created lovingly by book bloggers specifically for our peers who for whatever reason are not able to participate in the main conference in New York each year. We bring publishers, authors, and bloggers together in celebrating our love for all things literary by hosting celebrations such as sneak peeks, daily discussion topics, and sponsored giveaways.
Where can more information be found? The official website for Armchair BEA is chock-full of information! Lots of pages to ramble through, but here are the most relevant ones:
- Main page/Blog – www.armchairbea.com
- Sponsor List (including me!) & the Giveaways being offered
- 2013 Participants – A list and links to all the bloggers, authors (including me!), publishers, etc. who are registered to partake with fun & giveaways on their websites and/or the Armchair BEA blog.
- 2013 Agenda – The planned agenda for what will be daily occurring on the Armchair BEA blog, as well as the participating blogs.
- As much as possible during the week, I will pop in at the Armchair BEA blog to join in the numerous discussions and fun events. Heck, I love meeting new people and connecting with authors too!
- As a sponsor, I am offering a giveaway exclusively for commenters on the Armchair BEA blog. That giveaway is: 3 copies of The Passions of Dr. Darcy, winner’s choice of signed paperback or eBook gift.
- On Tuesday (tomorrow) through Sunday, June 2 I will follow the daily topics as outlined on the 2013 Agenda with posts here on my blog. I invite ALL of you to come by and offer your thoughts! Comments entered here during the week will count toward the giveaway I am conducting….
- Yes! I am also hosting a giveaway! Check out the Rafflecopter form on my Giveaway Page.
What can YOU do? Share the event! Post about Armchair BEA and my participation on your Facebook page or blog, if you have one. Spread the word via Twitter. Visit the participating bloggers. Join in the discussions, which are all about books! Come by here each day to see what I have to say on the subject! Enter my giveaway. Basically, HAVE FUN!
Additional, specific Armchair BEA events include:
Join the Armchair BEA team on Twitter for book talk, fun, and fabulous literary gifts from the amazing sponsers.
Three dates and times:
Thursday, May 30th at 8am PST
Friday, May 31st at 3pm PST
Saturday, June 1st at 11pm PST
The challenge is simple: Post a picture each day based on the prompt. Be sure to tag it with the hashtag #ArmchairBEA.
Each day they will select 5 winners that will get to pick from the fabulous selection of prizes.
Don’t forget to take a look at the hashtag and like the photos of other participants. It’s a great way to find other bookish instagrammers. You can also follow the ArmchairBEA instagram account @ArmchairBEA
Sign up for Instagram here: www.instagram.com OR get it as an App on your smartphone.
See you tomorrow!