These foods are in season in fall and are the perfect addition to your diet:
- Root vegetables: Carrots, any type of squash, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes
- Whole grains: Brown rice, wholewheat pasta, quinoa, and oats
- Legumes: Lentils, beans, chickpeas, soybeans.
- Green vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, kale, and artichokes
- Fruit: Apples, pomegranates, citrus fruits, and pears
Recipes with vegetables and fruits which come into season during the fall months are plentiful on the internet and Pinterest. Narrowing down to a few is super tough, but I have found those which look super delicious to me. I am only sharing savory dishes in this blog (sweet autumn recipes will follow in a separate blog) and I tried to find recipes that are relatively easy to prepare. Each of the twelve photos below link to the page where the recipes are given. Give them a try and let me know what you think!