Planning a Christmas party? In need of a treat to bring to the office party? Have hungry mouths to feed after the energy-depleting present opening? Here are just a few appetizer recipes, easy and elaborate, to choose from.
Sweet & Savory Cranberry Pinwheels
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 oz tub crumbled feta cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (look for brand with fewest ingredients)
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 12 to 14 balls on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, rotating once. Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sometimes it is simply the shape that makes it awesome!
Most Users Ever Online: 45
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 2
Administrators: Sharon Lathan: 216