Trisha Yearwood’s Pecan Pie
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked, or homemade pastry
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- To make the filling, beat the sugars with the eggs in an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the melted butter, vanilla, milk, flour, and chopped pecans. Pour the mixture into the shell. Arrange the pecan halves on top of the pie in a circular pattern.
- Bake the pie for 55 minutes. Check for doneness by shaking the pan slightly. The pie should be firm, with only a slight jiggle in the center. It will set more as it cools.
- Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream, or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
Lemon Pie Cake with Blueberry Compote
Individual Salted Caramel Apple Pies
- 2 boxes of refrigerated pie crust (4 crusts total)
- 1 large apple (see note above about preferred variety), peeled and chopped into corn-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 4 store-bought caramels, diced
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sugar in the raw for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone sheet or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix apples, lemon juice, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Unroll a pie crust. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible. I was able to cut out 8 per pie crust.
4. Place half of the crusts on the lined cookie sheet. Top each pie crust circle with about a tablespoon of the apple mixture. Cover with a few pieces of caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Place another pie crust circle on top. Using a fork, seal the top crust to the bottom. Using a paring knife, slice vents on the top of each pie.
6. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and the water. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each pie. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes, or until pies are golden brown. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Keep in an airtight container and enjoy!
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 qt. Dryer’s chocolate ice cream
- 1 qt. Dryer’s French vanilla ice cream
- 1 qt. Dryer’s coffee ice cream
- 1 – 12.25 oz. container butterscotch syrup
- 1 – 16 oz. container Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 – 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries
- Place one package of Oreos in a food processor. Process until crumbly. Pour 1/2 cup (one stick) of melted butter over cookies & turn on again to create crust.
- Using a 10-inch springform pan, press Oreo crust into pan. Set aside.
- Line up ice creams. Allow to set out on counter for 15-30 minutes to soften just enough so you can work with them.
- Heat about 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter in a pan on medium low heat. Keep stirring until melted. Pour peanut butter over crust & gently spread.
- Carefully spread chocolate ice cream over peanut butter, making sure to leave no holes. Using your hands is best because it will help melt the ice cream enough to smooth it out better. Drizzle with butterscotch and Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
- Layer vanilla ice cream into pan. Drizzle with butterscotch and chocolate syrup.
- Finish the layers with coffee ice cream. Smooth out to perfection. Drizzle with butterscotch and Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper and place in freezer. Leave in freezer overnight or for at least about 2-3 hours to firm.
Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 Homemade 9 inch pie crust or use pre-packaged
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, room temperature,beaten
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make pie crust or arrange pre-packaged crust into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 1. In a large bowl combine melted butter,eggs,flour,sugar,coconut, milk and vanilla. Whisk together until thoroughly blended. Making sure sugar is dissolved and not laying on the bottom of the bowl.
- 2. Pour the mixture into the pie crust sprinkle with a little nutmeg if desired and bake at 350 degrees for 45 -60 minutes. Cover crust with strips of foil for the first 25 minutes of baking , then remove.
Creamy Blueberry Pie
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen ( if frozen thaw and drain well)
- 1( 9) inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the blueberries in the pastry shell and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries.
- In another bowl, combine sugars and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.